Saturday, October 03, 2009

Migration to SyntaxHighlighter 2.0

This will be coming soon. For the moment a little note to myself, expanding from my first how-to for version 1.5:

becomes


To get the legacy mode to work, I had to put the initialization into the onload function.

I'm not rolling this out until I can get the rewritten F# and Erlang brushes to work and not throw _a2.regex is undefined messages.

Later: There are a lot of initial-letter capitalization changes (in both directions) required in this port : the "_a2.regex is undefined" messages came from more of them than at first met the eye. I still can't find the equivalent mechanism to injecting CSS styles, though.

Later yet: There doesn't seem to be a programmatic injection of CSS values any more, so I hacked the values from the 1.5 brushed into the default CSS file.

Even later: To allow legacy and non-legacy highlight styles, the legacy part of the operation must be in the onload, the 2.0 initialization must not.

Yet more: A possible bug in the CSS as supplied -- I needed to add the following

to shCore.css to get the copy-to-clipboard icon to show in the toolbar.

1 comment :

Tony Garcia said...

Thanks a lot for the tip about calling the legacy stuff within onLoad(). I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working!