Saturday, August 05, 2006

Getting my head examined

Went to be a subject for some research at the Autism Research Centre, which involved having an EEG done which watching a series of words or images which occasionally had something incongruous in them. Looking at my high ASQ rating, the girl asked had I been diagnosed with anything, like ADHD, to which I had to say that it hadn't been invented when I was a kid. But I wouldn't have been. The test for handedness is pretty ancient though, asking for things like which hand you use to strike matches with, rather than mousing or anything modern.

The actual test went on for a couple of hours, and I started to feel myself drifting, but with the EEG, they should be able to spot sleep patterns, I guess.

The electrode gel is sticky like old fashioned paste glue, and not nice in the hair. It doesn't comb out even when near dry and has to be washed.

No comments :